pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Barefoot Books Review and Giveaway CLOSED!!!!!!!!





At our house we love to read with our kids! I especially like it when we can have fun when reading. Well I have had the privilege to review some very fun and interesting kids books from an amazing company called Barefoot Books. I was able to review 3 amazing and fun books with my kids. The first one is called 'Shrinking Sam' By Miriam Latimer. What a cute book. I love the illustrations, and the storyline is very cute as well. Poor Sam, no one will listen to him! To get what I am saying you are just going to have to get this book and read it yourself. Also, what a very cute message in this book. Love it!! The second book is called 'The Animal Boogie' By Debbie Harter and Fred Penner. This is a sing along book and the music is sung by Fred Penner. In order to really enjoy this you have to read along with the music. And let me tell you, this was so much fun and so cute to see my kids dancing and singing along with the music and the book!! The third book I reviewed with my kids is called 'The Journey Home From Grandpa's' By Jemima Lumley and the CD is sung by Fred Penner.This is another great sing along book. My 2 year old really enjoyed this one the most. Anything to do with cars, hes hooked. My kids loved and really enjoyed all three of these books. These have been new favorites and we have read Shrinking Sam at bedtime every night since I received these. Also the sing along CDs that came with the two sing along books we received, have become our new listening choice in the car! At Barefoot Books they have such a huge range of reading choices. They have books for all ages to enjoy.


So are you ready for a great giveaway!! Barefoot Books has been kind enough to offer one of my readers a chance to win one of the awesome books I reviewed or any other title they have in stock!

Mandatory Entry: Head on over to Barefoot Books and tell me which book you would choose if you won. http://www.barefootbooks.com/shop Also, please leave your email address so I can contact you if you win!

Extra entries:
Join the Barefoot Books community on Facebook (1 entry)
Follow Barefoot Books on Twitter (1 entry)
Follow this blog on Google Friends Connect (1 entry)
Follow me on Twitter and tweet this giveaway (2 entries 1 for each)
Follow me on Facebook (1 entry)
Subscribe to this blog by email (1 entry)
Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs in the right side bar (1 entry)
Grab my blogs button on the right hand side bar and leave me a link to where I might find it (1 entry)
Blog about this giveaway and leave me the url to the post (3 entries)

This giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents only. Giveaway will close on September 18,2010 at midnight. Winner will be chosen at random.org and will be given 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen.

117 comments:

  1. I would pick "I Took the Moon for a Walk". That book looks wonderful!

    lhoward916(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a facebook fan of Barefoot Books
    Liz Bee
    lhoward916(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow Barefoot Books on twitter
    @couponqueenbee
    lhoward916(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a facebook fan of your site
    Liz Bee
    lhoward916(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted for you on Top Mommy Blogs
    lhoward916(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd get 'The Real Princess' or the 'Barefoot Book of Fairy Tales' book if I won. Forgot my email- susie(at)susiebhomemaker(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have your button on my blogroll, left sidebar: http://www.susiebhomemaker.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter would just love the barefoot book of pirates. She is obsessed with pirates right now and that book would make her day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. shrinking sam, too cute! I want to read that one with my niece :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would probably choose I took thw moon for a walk! karasceviour at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I follow you via GFC. karasceviour at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I subscribe to you via email. karasceviour at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I voted for you at top mommy blogs. karasceviour at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love "The Boy Who Grew Flowers".
    Kkrasowski2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I joined Barefoot Books on Facebook -Kimberly Walton Krasowski.
    Kkrasowski2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I follow Barefoot Books on Twitter - @DearheartDesign
    Kkrasowski2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I follow you on Twitter - @DearheartDesign
    Kkrasowski2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I tweeted the giveaway - @DearheartDesign
    Kkrasowski2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I follow you on Facebook - Kimberly Walton Krasowski
    Kkrasowski2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I voted for you :)
    Kkrasowski2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Email subscriber
    Kkrasowski2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I follow you on GFC.
    Kkrasowski2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would have to get 'Shrinking Sam' for my little man. Great books!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would choose the bee man

    elkmeese at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would choose animal boogie. shondaet@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. follow Barefoot Books on FB shondaet@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. follow Barefoot books on twitter shondaet@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Follow Mommy Katie on FB shondaet@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. follow Mommy Katie on twitter shondaet@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Button: www.milknhoneylearnandgrow.blogspot.com shondaet@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I would love the The Barefoot Book of Fairy Tales

    livelovelaughwithleslieblog at gmail dot com

    www.livelovelaughwithleslie.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I join barefoot books on FB.

    Leslie Malone

    livelovelaughwithleslieblog at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I follow barefoot books on twitter.

    laughwithleslie

    livelovelaughwithleslieblog at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I follow your blog. GFC

    LLL with Leslie

    livelovelaughwithleslieblog at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I follow you on twitter.

    @laughwithleslie

    livelovelaughwithlheslieblog at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. tweeted.

    http://twitter.com/laughwithleslie/status/21787714115

    livelovelaughwithleslieblog at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I follow you on FB.

    Leslie Malone

    livelovelaughwithleslieblog at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. email subscriber.

    livelovelaughwithleslieblog at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I voted for you.

    livelovelaughwithleslieblog at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. If I won I'd get the Animal Boogie or Port Side Pirates

    ReplyDelete
  44. Joined the Barefoot Books community on fb

    ReplyDelete
  45. Follow on Barefoot Books on Twitter (all4clay2004)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Follow Mommy Katie on twitter (all4clay2004)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Re-Tweeted the contest (all4clay2004)

    ReplyDelete
  48. I would pick Grandmothers Stories!

    cheryl_429@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. following Barefoot books on twitter as clschaan

    cheryl_429@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Driving my tractor....my son loves tractors...
    tcogbill at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. i joined barefoot on facebook
    tcogbill at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. i follow barefoot on twitter
    tcogbill at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  53. i follow you gfc
    tcogbill at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  54. i follow you on twitter
    tcogbill at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  55. i get your emails
    tcogbill at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. I would have to go with Magic Train Ride! Thanks for the chance to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I think I'd the Arthur of Albion book.
    mommieseatsoggycereal at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Following via GFC
    mommieseatsoggycereal at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. Following Barefoot Books via Twitter @azmarry
    mommieseatsoggycereal at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Facebook fan/liker of Barefoot Books:
    Mary-Frances C.
    mommieseatsoggycereal at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  61. I think I would get shrinking sam

    theladyinblack3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. I follow via gfc - theladyinblack3

    theladyinblack3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. fan of barefoot books on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  64. follow barefoot books on twitter

    theladyinblack3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. I follow u on facebook

    theladyinblack3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. I voted for you

    theladyinblack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. I follow u on twitter as the ladyinblack3

    theladyinblack3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  68. Voted for you:)
    Kkrasowski2010@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. I would choose "Shopping with Dad"

    user(dot)id(dot)649(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  70. Joined the Barefoot Books community on Facebook

    useridk howe


    user(dot)id(dot)649(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  71. Follow this blog on Google Friends Connect

    ReplyDelete
  72. Tweeted the giveaway

    http://twitter.com/user_id_649/status/22438476942

    user(dot)id(dot)649(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  73. Follow you on Facebook - useridk howe

    ReplyDelete
  74. I would love to win "Herb, The Vegetarian Dragon"

    ReplyDelete
  75. I'd love Herb, the vegetarian dragon

    ReplyDelete
  76. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  77. i would choose the barefoot book of fairy tails
    thanks
    flower_child_23(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  78. Joined the Barefoot Books community on Facebook
    angela m
    flower_child_23(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  79. i follow you with gfc
    flower_child_23(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  80. email subscriber
    flower_child_23(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  81. I'd choose the I took the Moon for a Walk book if I won

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  82. I joined the barefoot books community on facebook

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  83. I follow barefoot books on twitter

    @SAPsMaMa

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  84. I follow your blog on GFC

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  85. http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/23202129727

    tweet

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  86. I follow you on twitter

    @SAPsMaMa

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  87. I"m subscribed to your blog via email

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  88. I voted for you on top mommy blogs

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  89. http://sapsgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/09/barefoot-books-giveaway-by-mommy-katie.html

    Blogged about the giveaway

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    entry #1

    ReplyDelete
  90. http://sapsgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/09/barefoot-books-giveaway-by-mommy-katie.html

    Blogged about the giveaway

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    entry #2

    ReplyDelete
  91. http://sapsgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/09/barefoot-books-giveaway-by-mommy-katie.html

    Blogged about the giveaway

    mphin278 at yahoo dot com

    entry #3

    ReplyDelete
  92. I like the Gigantic Turnip. :)

    felesseta at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  93. I follow the Barefoot Community on FB.

    fb: Stephanie Fisher Enright

    felesseta at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  94. I follow Barefoot Books on Twitter.

    twitter dot com / stephenright

    felesseta at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  95. I tweeted!

    http://twitter.com/StephEnright/status/24411287784

    felesseta at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  96. I voted for you!

    felesseta at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  97. Shrinking Sam looks cute!

    davneynowak@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  98. I voted for you on Top Mommy Blogs.

    davneynowak@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  99. I follow via GFC.

    davneynowak@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  100. I follow BB on Twitter @davneyfaye

    davneynowak@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  101. I "like" BB on FB. (Davney Dell Nowak)

    davneynowak@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  102. Tweeted: http://twitter.com/davneyfaye/status/24621999111

    davneynowak@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  103. We posted about this giveaway at Winning Readings: http://winningreadings.blogspot.com/2010/09/barefoot-books.html

    janemaritz at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  104. Magic Train Ride look really cute!
    bkhabel at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  105. I follow on GFC bkhabel AT gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  106. I follow on Twitter @toobusyreading bkhabel at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  107. My Daddy is a Pretzel sounds kinda fun.

    Thanks for the chance to win.

    lkish77123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  108. I would choose "Arthur of Albion" because I am fascinated with that period in history.

    Please enter my name in the giveaway. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete