pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Progresso Recipe Starters #Giveaway #MyBlogSpark CLOSED

Being a parent, we sometimes find it hard to come up with new ideas when cooking. I can go through my cookbooks and I find myself cooking the same recipes over and over again. Personally, I love trying new things, and I love finding products that make trying new recipes to cook for the family, easier. Recently I was given the chance to review the new Progresso Recipe Starters. I was sent the Creamy Portabella Mushroom and the Creamy Three Cheese. With the Creamy Three Cheese, I was able to create an amazing home made mac and cheese casserole that everyone loved, and with the Creamy Portabella Mushroom, I was able to make a very tasty and creamy beef stroganoff. I found that using these two Recipe Starters from Progresso to be a very smart move, so after trying the two I was sent, I went on and decided to give the other starters a try as well. A dish that we tried that turned out to be a huge hit was the Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken recipe that I got off of the Progresso Recipe Starters site, in which I used the Creamy Parmesan Basil. In all, we found that using the Progresso Recipe Starters helped with those school night meals, when we dont have the time to sit down and come up with a dish. Or when we are looking for something that is easy to prepare and cook and that the whole family enjoys. So with the back to school season in full swing, and those nights of what to cook here, give the Progresso Recipe Starters a try!

INGREDIENTS

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy Parmesan basil cooking sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2/3 cup Progresso® Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
  • 2/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
  • Hot cooked pasta or mashed potatoes, if desired

Garnishes, If Desired

  • Additional shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
  • Chopped fresh basil or parsley


DIRECTIONS

  1. Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
  2. In shallow dish, mix butter, 3 tablespoons of the cooking sauce and the garlic powder. In another shallow dish, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Dip chicken into butter mixture, then dip into bread crumb mixture to coat. Place on cookie sheet.
  3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F) and coating is golden brown. Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce until hot. Serve chicken with pasta and sauce. Sprinkle with additional cheese and basil.


To introduce the new Progresso Recipe Starters to my readers, I will be giving one of my amazing readers a great gift pack of products pictured below!

a Rafflecopter giveaway




This was not a paid post and honest/original opinions were used and they are my own. Thank you to the company and/or pr agency who supplied the product for review and giveaway. This promotion for the  Progresso pack was provided to me through MyBlogSpark!

118 comments:

  1. I would like to try the Tetrazzini recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheddar-Parmesan Puffs with Dipping Sauces
    Thanks
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to try Easy Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie ».

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to make the No-Bake Cheesy Skillet Lasagn.
    winit6@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Entered VamPET giveaway.
    winit6@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Entered Dark Shadowa giveaway.
    winit6@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Entered Kolcraft giveaway.
    winit6@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would try the Bacon Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms..
    tarter95 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I entered the Dark Shadows giveaway.
    tarter95 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to try Cheese-Stuffed Mini Meat Loaves

    ReplyDelete
  11. blogged.http://tcarolinep.wordpress.com/2012/09/28/giveawaymommy-katie-5/

    ReplyDelete
  12. entered Dark Shadows Blu-Ray Combo Pack

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Easy Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd like to try the light chicken pot pie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd like to try the Campers Chilli Recipe

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd like to try cheese-stuffed mini meat loaves

    (jen487@Hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd like to try the recipe for Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to try the Basil Parmesan Chicken Pasta recipe!
    -Heather S

    ReplyDelete
  19. I entered the Kraft variety pack giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would like to try Cheese-Stuffed Mini Meat Loaves.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd like to make the No-Bake Cheesy Skillet Lasagna.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I entered the jewelrycandle-giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I entered the creativity-for-kids-giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I entered the giveaway-kraft-homestyles-macaroni.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mushroom-miso pasta!
    Marysa {at} marysa {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Entered Dark Shadows, Jewelry Candles, Vampets.
    Marysa {at} marysa {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Not sure if my comment went through - mushroom miso pasta with broccoli!
    Marysa {at} marysa {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Entered Dark Shadows, Jewelry Candle, Vampets.
    Marysa {at} marysa {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I entered Dark Shadows Blu-Ray Combo Pack.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your button is on my sidebar:
    http://blog-giveaways.blogspot.com/

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I shared on FB:
    https://www.facebook.com/janetfaye/posts/445813135469624

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I blogged:
    http://blog-giveaways.blogspot.com/2012/10/progresso-giveaway.html

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  33. chicken broccoli stroganoff sounds like some i would like to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. i entered the jewelry candle giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  35. I entered Pumpkin Spice Jewelry Candle.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  36. i entered the dark shadows giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  37. i entered the rothschild kids jacket giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'd like to try the No-Bake Cheest Skillet Lasagna.
    gourdsrmylife(at)yaho(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken

    ReplyDelete
  40. I want to try the Creamy Mushroom Risotto! Looks yummy.

    Thanks!
    h4schaffer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I entered the Kraft Mac-n-Cheese giveaway.
    h4schaffer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I entered the Jewelry Candle giveaway!
    h4schaffer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. The pulled chicken sandwiches look yummy
    jenhedger at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I entered the Pasta Fits giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  45. the No-Bake Cheesy Skillet Lasagna looksgreat!

    sheilatf52 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I entered the Pasta Prize Pack giveaway.

    sheilatf52 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I entered the Pasta giveaway.
    tarter95 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I entered the Kraft giveaway.
    tarter95 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'd like to try the light chicken pot pie recipe.

    Francofamily4@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I want to try the Pulled Chicken Sand which Recipe! Thanks for the awesome giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I entered VamPET from Vamplets.


    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I entered the Kraft giveaway!
    h4schaffer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Easy Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie sounds yummy!

    Entered the rafflecopter form as "Wild Orchid"

    Thanks for the cool giveaway!

    wildorchid985 @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  54. I'd like to give this Progresso Recipe a try as well! Maybe I'll add a twist to make the recipe more healthy. I'll probably add a spoonful of chlorella supplement and mix it with cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I entered the Dark Shadows giveaway.
    h4schaffer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. The Creamy Roasted Garlic for the Enchiladas Recipe!
    (Shiloh L) mckinneymommas at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  57. I like to try the Light Chicken Pot Pie Recipe!
    rebeccaw2005 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. entered Celebrate Halloween With Hershey's

    ReplyDelete
  59. entered Beanie Designs
    rebeccaw2005 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  60. No-Bake Cheesy Skillet Lasagna sounds good. jj250@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. cheese stuffed mini meatloaves

    ReplyDelete
  62. entered the pasta prize pack

    ReplyDelete
  63. entered the Hersheys giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  64. i would love to try their creamy parmesan chicken penne recipie..sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I've entered the Dark Shadows giveaway.
    h4schaffer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  66. I would like to try their Baked Chicken Dijon recipe.

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  67. Entered your Eddie Bauer giveaway.

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  68. Entered your Beanie Designs giveaway.

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  69. I'd like to try cheese-stuffed-mini-meat-loaves.
    Kimberlie

    ReplyDelete
  70. i entered your eddie bauer giveaway.
    Kimberlie

    ReplyDelete
  71. I entered your Hershey's giveaway
    Kimberlie

    ReplyDelete
  72. Your button is on my blog at http://theclothexperiment.blogspot.com/
    Kimberlie

    ReplyDelete
  73. I would like to try the pulled chicken sammys

    ReplyDelete
  74. i would love to try the bacon double cheeseburger casserole
    https://www.progresso.com/Recipes/bacon-double-cheeseburger-casserole/49e345a7-521c-4ec4-9a7d-ac278c73d345
    jenny lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  75. i entered the roth's child, creativity for kids and eddie bauer stroller giveaway
    jenny lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  76. I entered the Hershey's Halloween Pack giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  77. chicken pot pie
    jessicawedwards@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  78. entered giveaway Hershey's Halloween Pack

    ReplyDelete
  79. I would like to try the Easy Poblano and Corn Casserole recipe
    jjak2003 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  80. I entered your Rothschild giveaway
    jjak2003 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  81. I entered your Creativity for Kids Kits giveaway
    jjak2003 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  82. I'd love to try the Biscuit-Topped Turkey Pot Pie. (Nikki Marie on rafflecopter)

    ReplyDelete
  83. I entered the beanie designs giveaway.

    Francofamily4@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  84. I entered the Hershey's giveaway.

    Francofamily4@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  85. Cheddar-Parmesan Puffs with Dipping Sauces sound great - Jenna O

    ReplyDelete
  86. Betsy Rubendall Barnes
    pinktaz60@hotmail.com

    The No-Bake Cheesy Skillet Lasagna looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  87. Betsy Rubendall Barnes
    pinktaz60@hotmail.com

    I entered the Hershey's Halloween Pack giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  88. I would like to try the Easy Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie

    ReplyDelete
  89. Entered: http://www.mommykatie.com/2012/09/rothschild-kids-giveaway.html

    Entered: http://www.mommykatie.com/2012/09/dark-shadows-blu-ray-combo-pack.html

    ReplyDelete
  90. Button: http://carolyn-colley.blogspot.com/2012/10/mommy-katie-blog.html

    Blog Post:http://carolyn-colley.blogspot.com/2012/10/giveaway-ends-oct-27-progresso-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete
  91. Entered: http://www.mommykatie.com/2012/09/dark-shadows-blu-ray-combo-pack.html

    ReplyDelete
  92. The No-Bake Cheesy Skillet Lasagna really appeals to me!

    karin56381 (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  93. I would like to try the Easy Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie
    amyleanne0819@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  94. I entered the Pete's Dragon giveway

    ReplyDelete
  95. I entered the Chuck e Cheese giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  96. I entered the Eddie Bauer giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  97. I have your button
    http://www.imablessedmommy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  98. Entered: http://www.mommykatie.com/2012/09/rothschild-kids-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  99. entered giveaway Celebrate Halloween With Hershey's

    ReplyDelete
  100. the light chicken pot pie recipe.

    sweetmelbelle31 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  101. Entered the Chuck E Cheese Giveaway

    sweetmelbelle31 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  102. Your button is on my blog at http://sweetmelbelle31.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  103. i entered the people like us dvd giveaway
    jenny lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  104. I love the Easy Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie

    Thank you for hosting this giveaway

    Louis
    pumuckler {at} gmail {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  105. Entered your Little Tikes giveaway.

    colljerr at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete